**Click here for a pre recorded training session for additional help and guidance - Recharging your Tenants using Sigma which includes how to produce bills for tenants, how to manage a change of tenancy and understand the Items used for Tenant Billing
Tenant Billing Capability Overview
- Ability to create and manage tenants and assign multiple billing accounts per tenant
- Multi commodity billing (electricity, gas, water and generic )
- Change of tenancy processing when tenants move out / in
- Bundle tenants together into ‘billing groups’ to simplify bill processing
- Flexible billing frequencies – including monthly, quarterly and annually
Tenant Tariff & Charge Management
- Flexibility when defining what charges should appear on tenant bills and how they are calculated – using data from different sources:
- Common or bespoke tariffs – i.e. a defined unit rate
- Charges based on unit rate/consumption data on incoming supplier bills
- Charges based on metered consumption
- Charges based on custom data (e.g. associated data)
- VAT rate – standard or reduced
- Flexible apportionment and formulae to enable complex charging methods (derive the data through calculations, apportion into time periods).
- Manipulate the source data to achieve what you need (e.g. consumption based on floor area).
Tenant Bill Management
- Trigger and monitor bill runs – approve and issue capability
- Perform test and accrual bill runs – ‘what if’ scenarios
- Credit and rebill tenants if a revised bill needs to be sent
- Automated bill validation to flag potential problems prior to issue
- Consumption tolerance compared to previous bill or previous year bill
- Gaps in consumption data
- Basic capability available to fill these gaps (manually)
- Make changes, then re-calculate and issue the bill.
PDF Bill Documents
- The ability to produce Bills for different commodities.
Accounting System Integration
- Generate accounts extract.
- Data in EI to facilitate reporting on tenants, bills, charges and consumption.